How it works…
You can enjoy a selection of fair trade, organic and sustainably sourced food and drink, from The Old School in South Ormsby, completely free of charge…
- Place your order here; completing the order form, including choosing your food and drink and pickup day and time.
- You will receive an email to let you know that your order is being processed, followed by a confirmation email from the kitchen when they have agreed your order.
- Collect your order from The Old School, South Ormsby, LN11 8QS – click or tap here for directions
The Old School Tea & Coffee Shop
The Old School has been lovingly restored for use as a tea and coffee shop to accommodate growing number of walkers, cyclists and horse-riders who regularly pass its door and will welcome a takeaway drink and a comfort break.
Built as a National School in 1858 for the children of South Ormsby, Ketsby, Calceby, and Driby by Marie Jeanne Massingberd, a French governess from Versailles who became the dowager of the South Ormsby Estate.
It was then known as South Ormsby cum Ketsby Church School until July 1974 when it unfortunately closed.
During 2020, expert conservationists have helped to carefully preserve and protect the building’s historic features while bringing it up to modern useable standards.
The renovation works have been extensive and have included restoring the clay tile roof, replacing and repairing the beautiful windows and fitting a new ground source heating system to make use of renewable geothermal energy. A new kitchen has also been fitted, along with modern toilets which will make use of a rainwater harvesting system.
Donate to South Ormsby CIC
Whilst you are here, you may wish to donate to the South Ormsby Community Interest Company (South Ormsby CIC) as they try and raise £20,000 to help fund community projects in South Ormsby.
These projects include church-railing restoration, a local gardening club, much needed improvements to walking infrastructure and training in the community.DONATE TO SOUTH ORMSBY CIC
- Going East on A16, turn right onto Ketsby Lane, straight on at the crossroads with the Bluestone Heath Road, past the Massingberd-Arms on the left and the Old School is on your right before the fork in the road.
- Going West on A16, turn left onto the Bluestone Heath Road, left again at the crossroads onto Brinkhill Road, past the Massingberd-Arms on the left and the Old School is on your right before the fork in the road.